Here is a great list of books for the beginning of the school year. These titles, suggested by preschool teachers, will help you overcome first day anxiety, establish a classroom routine, and build a classroom community. Perfect for the first day or first week of school in preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
At the beginning of the school year many kids are nervous about starting school. It takes a bit of time for kids to adjust to the routine of the classroom. It also takes some time to establish a classroom community. Here are a bunch of books, suggested by early childhood educators, that will help you and your kids start the year off right.
Full disclosure here….many of the links below are affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through the link, Amazon will pay me a small commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free….so I thank you for that.
2. Monsters Love School by Mike Austin
3. First Day Jitters by Julie Danneburg and Judy Love
4. Pete the Cat: Rockin in My School Shoes by Eric Litwin and James Dean
5. Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London and Frank Remkiewicz
6. How Does a Dinosaur Go to School? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
7. The Pout Pout Fish Goes to School by Deborah Diesen and Dan Hanna
8. Maisy Goes to Preschool by Lucy Cousins
9. Mouse Goes to School by Kate Stone
10. Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
11. Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
12. Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson
13. Spaghetti on a Hot Dog Bun by Maria Dismondy and Kathy Hiatt
14. The Crayon Box That Talked by
15. Recess Queen by Laura Huliska-Beith and Alexis O’neill
16. Mine-o-saur by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen
17. Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
18. Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud and David Messing
19. David Goes to School by David Shannon
20. Howard B Wigglebottom Learns to Listen by Howard Binkow and Susan F. Cornelison
21. Too Much Glue by
Do you have a favorite book for the beginning of the school year? Please share your book idea in the comments below so that I can add it to the list.