Do you get tired of dancing and moving to the same old songs with your kids? It is sometimes difficult to think of new movement songs for kids. Here are 10 of my favorite music and movement songs for little ones. Hopefully, this will help you find a few new songs that you can try with your kids.
Some of My Favorites
- The Goldfish by Then Laurie Berkner Band – You can’t go wrong with a Laurie Berkner song, and The Goldfish is one of the best.
- Wiggy Wiggy Wiggles by Hap Palmer – Here is a favorite that gets kids screaming with delight. If you pretend like the song is over when the music slows…kids scream with delight when the music starts up again.
- Shake Your Sillies Out by The Learning Station – Speaking of wiggles….Here is a song to shake your sillies out and wiggle your waggles away.
- The Silly Pizza Song by Signing Times – We taught my son some sign language as he was learning to speak and he LOVED the signing time videos. This is a favorite. Signing the entire song was too difficult, but we always had fun signing each silly pizza topping.
- Oh Hey Oh Hi Hello by Jim Gill – Jim Gill is one from my favorite children’s musicians….and this song is a shout out to my home state. So, you can’t go wrong with that. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a Buckeye to sing it.
- Face the Facts by Jim Gill – Here is another favorite by Jim Gill
- Tooty Ta by Dr. Jean – Totally silliness….and this is fun song to play when you have parents visiting.
- Go Bananas by The Learning Station – Seriously, ask your kids to go bananas every once in awhile.
- Clap Your Hands Together – I couldn’t find my favorite version of this song, but this one will give you an idea of how the tune is sung.
- Going on a Bear Hunt – You might have a kiddo who wants to sit on your lap while you enter the cave, but hunting bears is always great fun.
If you want to see all of these songs listed together on Youtube, click HERE to see the playlist that I created.
What Are Your Favorites?
Check the comments below to find more favorites from Early Learning Ideas readers. Do you have any favorite movement songs for kids? Please share them in the comments.